(103)Deed to Death by D.B. Henson

Friday, July 8, 2011

Yes, yes, yes - another Mystery/Suspense/Thriller. Please don't hate me.

The next book in my line of Mystery novels is a bit more fluffier than the others I have read recently. What I mean to say is that it is not quite as intense. Deed to Death, one could argue, is even a bit cheesy. But that is okay, because I love cheese!

Real Estate Agent, Toni, is just days away from marrying the love of her life, wealthy businessman, Scott Chadwick. (Doesn't the name "Chadwick" just scream "old money") But the morning after their rehearsal dinner Scott is found dead at one of his job sites. The police have ruled it suicide, but Toni is adamant that he was murdered. She starts her own investigation, but piecing together the facts surrounding Scott's death has put her own life in jeopardy. Will she be able to prove who murdered Scott without losing her own life in the process?

Deed to Death was a fast read - not too challenging for my feeble brain on this summer morning - but it was one I wanted to stick with just to see, from the many possibilities, whodunit. I didn't really have any guesses - it was only a matter of a few choices. There weren't really any "shocking" moments, but overall I enjoyed this piece of brain candy.

Latest Instagrams

© Charlotte's Web of Books. Design by FCD.