(103) Shit My Dad Says by Justin Halpern

Sunday, July 11, 2010

I love to laugh. Who doesn't, right? I first discovered Justin Halpern on Twitter. Someone retweeted him or something and the next thing you know I was laughing so hard, I was crying.

Shit My Dad Says just proves that the internet is a good thing. Here is this guy who has to move back in with his parents. He starts a Twitter account to document "Shit His Dad Says". 1.5 Million Followers later he has a bestselling book and a television show debuting this fall starring William Shatner.

Shit My Dad Says, the book, lives up to everything you would expect and more. It is not just the same stuff you read on Twitter. Well, it is, but with each chapter he goes a little deeper into the stories. Like when he moved to LA & thought getting a dog was a good idea. Each chapter gives you a little more insight to the father/son relationship that Justin has with his dad.

The book is a FAST read. Took me about an hour, tops to read cover to cover. But it was an entertaining hour. I laughed so hard my dog looked at me funny. I can't wait for the fall television premieres. I have no doubt that Shit My Dad Says will find it's way into our regular viewing schedule.

Latest Instagrams

© Charlotte's Web of Books. Design by FCD.