(66)The IT Girl by Ruth Ware

Saturday, October 1, 2022

 


 It has been ten years since Hannah Jones' college roommate, April, was brutally murdered after a night of celebrating. Hannah married April's boyfriend, but she could never finish college because of what happened that night. Now the man who was convicted of her murder has died in prison, stirring up the memories of that night. A reporter reaches out to Hannah with information that has her questioning everything about that night. Is it possible that she accused the wrong man? Is it possible that the actual killer was much closer to April than they thought? 


It has been a while since I read The It Girl and it took me over a month to finish reading it. I really slogged through it. Normally I find Ruth Ware novels to be engaging and easy to read. Not this one. Hannah and her husband, Will, don't seem to have the best relationship. They keep secrets from each other and Will seems to have a temper with Hannah. And I didn't like how Hannah seemed to have such little regard for the safety of her unborn child. Of course, there is a big reveal, but it wasn't even shocking to me. CLICK HERE FOR SPOILERS


Bottom line - As much as I generally like Ruth Ware, I really struggled with this book. The characters were flat and the plot was mediocre. 


Details:

Latest Instagrams

© Charlotte's Web of Books. Design by FCD.