(62)I Need a Lifeguard Everywhere but the Pool by Lisa Scottoline and Francesca Serritella

Saturday, July 22, 2017



It is that time of year!  Time for the mother-daughter writing duo of Lisa Scottoline and her daughter, Francesca Serritella, to release their new collection of essays.     They take turns with their stories, one essay is Lisa's and the next will be Francesca's.   In this year's offering, they cover topics like the election, dating, livestock, and more.

The humor is sometimes subtle and sometimes laugh-out-loud:
"You haven't lived until you've duct-taped a diaper on a dog."  
I found myself laughing out loud.  The visual that sentence created was so entertaining.   Lisa also talks about her somewhat solitary life as an author, her animals, her discovery of Netflix, and more.   Francesca talks about her fondness for Gilbert and Sullivan, bikini shopping, shopping under the influence, and more.  


As someone who has been reading Lisa Scottoline's mysteries and thrillers for years it is nice to see this "human" side of her.  The self-deprecating humor is appreciated, especially from a master like her.  Her insights a fun and humorous and always spot-on.  Since I follow her on social media I was aware when she threw out the first pitch at the Phillies game, but I really enjoyed hearing more about that night in the book.    It doesn't matter which generation you belong to, you will find something to relate to in the book

Bottom line - I Need a Lifeguard Everywhere but the Pool is another collection of entertaining essays from the fantastic mother-daughter duo. Now I have to wait a whole year for their next collection, I guess I will soothe myself with a mystery or legal thriller while I wait.

Details: 




Latest Instagrams

© Charlotte's Web of Books. Design by FCD.