(116)The Single Girl's To-Do List by Lindsey Kelk

Sunday, July 24, 2011

The Single Girl's To-Do List

Publication Date: June 6, 2011
400 Pages

What a fun little book! I have been so busy with other ARC's that I have gotten behind on my purchased books. I have hundreds of them to go through and what better time than a hot summer day to dive into a fabulous Chick Lit.

Rachel is loving the life she has. She has a wonderful career, a wonderful boyfriend, and a wonderful flat in London. It all comes crashing down on her when Simon tells her that he wants a break. Their break turns into a break-up and for the first time in five years, Rachel is single. Her best friends, Matthew & Emilie swoop in to save the day and save Rachel from herself. They help her create the ultimate "to-do list" that will help her get over Simon. Will safe, boring Rachel actually complete her list or will she take the safe route and live the life of a boring person, as she has been accused?

This was the first book by Lindsey Kelk that I have read (although I admit to hoarding four more of her books on my nook) and let me tell you, I laughed out loud, many times. Her writing is fresh and so very real. I loved the fact that it is set in London, so we get all of those British references that we Anglophiles love to see. Overall it was a fun read. I look forward to seeing what her other works have to offer.

Latest Instagrams

© Charlotte's Web of Books. Design by FCD.