(115)The Killing Song by PJ Parrish

Friday, July 22, 2011

The Killing Song

Publish Date : July 26, 2011
416 Pages


I worked in a bookstore for nearly five years. I have most certainly heard of PJ Parrish. What I did not realize was that PJ Parrish is really the pseudonym of two sisters. They have been writing award winning, bestselling mystery books for years.

The Killing Song is a "stand alone" novel by the ladies featuring a Pulitzer prize journalist. His little sister disappears one night when they are on the town in Miami. When her body is found a few hours later Matt's whole world is devastated. But it is when her iPod is returned to him that Matt discovers her killer may not be a novice and he may not still be in Miami. He sets off for France and what soon becomes an international mystery that takes him all over Eastern Europe. Will he be able to convince the police that they are looking for a serial killer? Will they be able to stop him before he(or she) kills again? Will Matt be able to bring his sister's killer to justice?

The Killing Song was the first book I have read by PJ Parrish and I thoroughly enjoyed myself. Well, as much as one can while reading a murder mystery. Matt was a great main character. Devoted to his sister, successful in his career, yet far from perfect. The scene when he breaks down with Eve showed just how vulnerable he is underneath his tough guy exterior. Mystery fans are really going to enjoy this one. Being introduced to a new author is always a risk, but I feel confident in saying that PJ Parrish is one you will really enjoy.


Sam (Tiny Library) said...

Thanks for visiting my blog, I'm now a new follower of yours :)

And I agree, summer is the perfect time for chick lit!

PJ Parrish said...

Thanks for the kind words! We greatly appreciate your support.
PJ Parrish

Latest Instagrams

© Charlotte's Web of Books. Design by FCD.