(106) Homecoming by Cathy Kelly

Monday, July 11, 2011

I sure do love me some Irish Chick Lit. Cathy Kelly is among the best authors out there.

Homecoming is the latest novel by Cathy Kelly. Set in the cozy Gold Square neighborhood of Dublin, Homecoming is the story of several women at varying stages of their lives. There is Elanor, returning home after living in New York City for nearly 80 years. There is Megan, the famous starlet returning to her Aunt Nora's, hiding from the media mess she created by sleeping with a married man. There is also Rae, the local "mother hen" who is forced to face the consequences of decisions made a lifetime ago. And Connie, who is facing spinsterhood at forty. These women off all different walks of life, come together in Gold Square to help each other grow, heal, and move on with their lives.

I really enjoyed Homecoming. The characters are an eclectic group, but they mesh so well that I wish I were one of them. The support they give one another is akin to what one might receive from a close family. As a reader, we watch them come together and grow as a "family". A well written novel about friendship is just what I needed to break my Mystery streak. The fact that it is set in Dublin is just an added bonus.

Latest Instagrams

© Charlotte's Web of Books. Design by FCD.