(105) Insatiable by Meg Cabot

Tuesday, July 13, 2010

I am a huge fan of Meg Cabot's. I have been ever since I read Size 12 is Not Fat. Then I had to go back and read every Chick Lit novel she has ever written. I follow her blog which she updates frequently and often comments on current pop culture. Her blog is written much like her books, fun and "light".

Insatiable is Meg Cabot's first attempt at the ever popular Vampire Lit and you know what, I enjoyed it! Insatiable hasn't gotten the best reviews, but it was just what I wanted.

Meena Harper is your typical Meg Cabot character. Meena is a writer for a daytime soap, Insatiable. She just found out that her soap has decided to go the Vampire route, her bum of a brother STILL hasn't found a job, and now she has to attend a dinner party her neighbor is throwing for a visiting relative, allegedly a Prince. Well, Lucien is a Prince, the Prince of Darkness. The Prince of All Vampires. You know things aren't going to go well, just knowing previous Meg Cabot heroines.

I enjoyed Insatiable. I enjoyed Meena and her romantic interlude with the Vampire. The story can not be compared to The Passage, or the Twilight Trilogy, but it is a fun, fluffy novel. Think Size 12 is Not Fat, but with Vampires. A totally fun way to pass the evening.
Lisa Mandina said...

Sounds good. I'm not so thrilled with The Passage so far, it's kind of slow. Do you follow Meg Cabot on Twitter? She's interesting on there. I even got a response from her one time!!

Amy B. said...

You know, I liked this one and I didn't like it. The ending just sort of dropped off without any real resolution and it reminded me of her non endings for the Nicki the-incredible-brain-swapping-model series.

Fun, but not her best work.

Latest Instagrams

© Charlotte's Web of Books. Design by FCD.