Tuesday, February 3, 2009

(12) Marshmallows For Breakfast by Dorothy Koomson


I was so excited to see Dorothy Koomson's new book that I bought it instantly. I read her book My Best Friend's Girl last spring & recommended it for weeks. Here is my review http://charlotteswebofbooks.blogspot.com/2008/03/30-my-best-friends-girl-by-dorothy.html.
While Marshmallows for Breakfast was not as easy for me to get into, once I did, I couldn't put it down. It is just as wonderfully written as her last book & her characters are so vividly real, you just want to reach through the pages & scoop them into your arms.
Kendra Tamale has just moved transferred back to the UK from spending a few years in Austrailia. She has taken an apartment above the garage of a man. She gets the scare of her life when two kids are standing there when she emerges from the shower one Saturday morning.
Kennie finds herself falling deeper & deeper into love. With Jaxson & Summer. The six year old twins of the landlord. And the landlord is pretty hard to resist, too. But they both have their pasts & they both have issues that hold them hostage from love.
Can this makeshift family work through everything to find permanent happiness?

1 comments:

Lisa Mandina said...

This one sounds kind of good. Might try it.

Why I Read...

I remember the carefree summer days when I used to ride my bike to the public library to pick out new books. I would go almost daily to find books to read. I read to learn. I read to explore the world. I read to escape. I read because not reading is not an option.

Follow Us @soratemplates

Contact Us

Name

Email *

Message *

Popular Posts

Contact us

Total Pageviews

Translate