Popular Posts

Recent Posts

Unordered List

  • Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetuer adipiscing elit.
  • Aliquam tincidunt mauris eu risus.
  • Vestibulum auctor dapibus neque.

Text Widget

Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipisicing elit, sed do eiusmod tempor incididunt ut labore et dolore magna aliqua. Ut enim ad minim veniam, quis nostrud exercitation test link ullamco laboris nisi ut aliquip ex ea commodo consequat.

Pages

Blog Archive

Search

Type your search keyword, and press enter

Ordered List

Contact Us

Name

Email *

Message *

Saturday, November 7, 2015

(76)Why Not Me by Mindy Kaling



Everybody's favorite fake OB/GYN has released her second book, Why Not Me?  In her new book, Mindy Kaling entertains us with tales of her time in a Sorority, to her early days in Hollywood.  She even shares stories of her love life, like the time she dated a White House staffer to her soulmate, BJ Novak. Mindy, I feel that I can call her Mindy, is refreshing in her honesty and her sense of humor is guaranteed to leave you giggling.   I even really liked the way she ended the book - with a tale of what her alternate life would have been like if she hadn't become successful in Hollywood.  She would have been a Latin teacher at a private school in Manhattan, in case you were wondering.

At the risk of shocking all of you, I didn't really get to know Mindy Kaling until she created her own show, The Mindy Project.  I instantly fell in love with her and her show because it felt like a Chick Lit novel had come to life.  I was thrilled to listen to Why Not Me on Audio-book because I felt like she was taking a road trip with me.   We were dishing about fashion tips and I then I listened to her talk about her weight issues right after telling me how much she loves McDonalds.  Ya know, just like real besties.  :)

Bottom line - Mindy Kaling is a successful writer, producer, and actress who seems to be as down to earth as they come.  In her new book she is honest and forthright about life in Hollywood.  A fun read!

Details: 



2 comments:

SK Bell said...

I recently read this one too! So I remember you sharing after her first book that you knew her from Mindy Project and I just have to ask... have you never seen The Office?! It's one of my favorites! She plays a similar character in it, but not as often. She did some writing in the show though and I really loved it.

Charlotte's Web of Books said...

I wasn't a regular watcher of The Office, only catching a few episodes here and there.