(76)Why Not Me by Mindy Kaling

Saturday, November 7, 2015



Everybody's favorite fake OB/GYN has released her second book, Why Not Me?  In her new book, Mindy Kaling entertains us with tales of her time in a Sorority, to her early days in Hollywood.  She even shares stories of her love life, like the time she dated a White House staffer to her soulmate, BJ Novak. Mindy, I feel that I can call her Mindy, is refreshing in her honesty and her sense of humor is guaranteed to leave you giggling.   I even really liked the way she ended the book - with a tale of what her alternate life would have been like if she hadn't become successful in Hollywood.  She would have been a Latin teacher at a private school in Manhattan, in case you were wondering.

At the risk of shocking all of you, I didn't really get to know Mindy Kaling until she created her own show, The Mindy Project.  I instantly fell in love with her and her show because it felt like a Chick Lit novel had come to life.  I was thrilled to listen to Why Not Me on Audio-book because I felt like she was taking a road trip with me.   We were dishing about fashion tips and I then I listened to her talk about her weight issues right after telling me how much she loves McDonalds.  Ya know, just like real besties.  :)

Bottom line - Mindy Kaling is a successful writer, producer, and actress who seems to be as down to earth as they come.  In her new book she is honest and forthright about life in Hollywood.  A fun read!

Details: 



SK Bell said...

I recently read this one too! So I remember you sharing after her first book that you knew her from Mindy Project and I just have to ask... have you never seen The Office?! It's one of my favorites! She plays a similar character in it, but not as often. She did some writing in the show though and I really loved it.

Charlotte's Web of Books said...

I wasn't a regular watcher of The Office, only catching a few episodes here and there.

Latest Instagrams

© Charlotte's Web of Books. Design by FCD.