(180)101 Things You Thought You Knew About the Titanic... but Didn't by Tim Maltin

Wednesday, December 21, 2011

101 Things You Thought You Knew About the Titanic
...but Didn't.

By Tim Maltin

Buy it Here!

I don't think there is a woman, young or old, that has not seen the epic movie, Titanic.  We all ooooh'd and aaaaahhhh'd over the Jack and Rose love story.  In fact Titanic is the only movie I saw in the theater  more than once.  I am not afraid to own that.  LOL.

Well the 100th Anniversary of the sinking of the Titanic is coming up this Spring. Author Tim Maltin took this time to debunk some of the common myths about the Titanic.  Some he even validated.  But the movie is referenced several times in the book.  Like when Molly Brown ordered the lifeboats back, no she did not do that.  And most of the lives lost were not  lost due to drowning, but hypothermia. An interesting fact that I had not heard before for that there were two kidnapped kids on board of the Titanic.  It was a custodial kidnapping and their father perished, an interesting little tidbit.

Overall this is the type of book that diehard fans of  Jack and Rose will enjoy.  I admit that it made me want to pull out the movie and watch it again.  With the Anniversary coming up there will be a lot of talk about that fateful April night, 101 Things You Thought You  Knew about the Titanic will help get you started. 
Lisa Mandina said...

That must be why they're re-releasing the movie in 3D. I have always been fascinated about the Titanic, read several books about it when I was a kid even. I'll have to pick this book up. Was it cheap on the Nook?

Latest Instagrams

© Charlotte's Web of Books. Design by FCD.