(165) The Christmas List by Richard Paul Evans

Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Well, I am having trouble uploading pictures. Not sure if it is a blogger issue or my POS laptop. So I am moving on without my obligatory picture. I guess you will just have to use your imagination. *grin*

The Christmas List is another wonderful Christmas book set in Utah. This one is about a Scrooge-esque type of character, Jimmy Kier. After it is reported that he was killed in a car accident on a snowy winter night, Jimmy gets somewhat of a rude awakening about his attitude towards those he deem to be less important than himself. In other words, everyone. Jimmy asks his assistant to put together a list of those he has wronged the most. With list in hand, he sets off on a journey to make amends. It turns out to be the hardest thing he has ever done!

The more I read works by Richard Paul Evans, the more I see that he is a bit like Nicholas Spark, but oh so much better. Infinitely better. As I have said before, there is an element of predictability with all Christmas Stories, but it is how the author gets us to the end that makes all the difference. Yet another great tale for you and I even found it for $5.38 at B&N.
Melissa said...

Blogger's been giving me problems with uploading photos for about a week or so now ... so, it might not be just you.

Brandie said...

I LOVE RPE's Christmas books. This is one I haven't read but I'm gonna go reserve right now!

Latest Instagrams

© Charlotte's Web of Books. Design by FCD.