(63) The Walk by Richard Paul Evans

Thursday, April 8, 2010

Being the avid reader and fierce Christmas Season lover that I am you may be surprised to learn that The Walk was the first book I have read by Richard Paul Evans. You know what, I really liked it.

I would compare the story to something Nicholas Sparks might write, but not quite so sappy and with a bit (not excessively) of a religious twist. But not so much that it makes you want to gag or roll your eyes. How is that for a glowing recommendation. *grin* Seriously, though, it was a well written story told from the heart.

Alan is on top of the world. He owns his own ad agency in Seattle, he is married to his beautiful childhood sweetheart, and he lives in a house that fairy tales are made of. Until one fateful day it all comes crashing down around him. He has nothing and the only thing he has left to do is live. But even that simple directive is not as easy as it sounds when you have lost everything.

I really, really enjoyed The Walk. It is most obviously only the first in a series, but I look forward to seeing how Alan's story will turn out.

Latest Instagrams

© Charlotte's Web of Books. Design by FCD.