(74)The Silent Patient by Alex Michaelides

Wednesday, November 13, 2019



Alicia Berenson is a famous painter leading a pretty charmed life.  Her husband is a famous photographer and they seem to be living an idyllic life.  Until out of nowhere violence shatters their world.  Alicia shot her husband in the face and killed him.  Alicia has been locked away in a psychiatric hospital ever since, where she has not spoken a word since.  Theo Faber is a new psychotherapist working with Alicia.  To better understand her, he researches her past and what possibly could have prompted her to murder her husband.  But his own life is starting to fall apart. He discovered that his wife has been cheating on him and he becomes obsessed with finding out who is tearing his marriage apart.  Will Theo be able to get Alicia to open up to him and keep his world from falling apart?

From the very beginning, I didn't really care for Theo. He seemed to have a God complex.  I couldn't really figure out what was going on with Alicia. The story jumps around in the timeline, Alicia's journal takes us back in time and you start to see that her life was not as idyllic as everyone believed it to be. And Theo was not the "good guy" that he was portrayed to be. I will admit that I was pretty "meh" about The Silent Patient until the very end. The twist just came out of the left-field for me. - CLICK HERE FOR SPOILERS 

Bottom Line - I love a book with a good spoiler.  The Silent Patient was tough to get into, but if you stick with it, the reward will be great. 


Details:
  • The Silent Patient by Alex Michaelides
  • On Twitter
  • Pages: 336
  • Publisher: Celadon Books
  • Publication Date: 2.5.19
  • Buy it Here!


Arwen Wilson said...

URGENT AND POWERFUL LOVE SPELL CASTER AND  LOTTERY WINNING SPELL CASTER DR GBOJIE 2019/2020  am from Canada, would want to tell you all that i was able to put an end to my divorce issue and restore my marriage again, because i never wanted it to happen. i don’t know what came over my husband that he was filling for divorce, i tried to talk him out of it when he told me and he didn’t listen to me, i had no other option than to seek for the help of a spell caster and now am glad i did. Because if not for the help of spell, i don’t know what would have become of me by now because i loved my husband so much that i couldn’t stand loosing him. The spell worked like magic with the way and manner my husband change and started showing love instead of the divorce he was planning. i just too happy that everything is in place for me now. I would gladly recommend the use of spell to any one going through marriage problems and want to put an end to it. [gbojiespiritualtemple@gmail.com , gbojiespiritualtemple@yahoo.com was were i got the help to restore my marriage]http://gbojiespiritualtemple.website2.me/ page : https://www.facebook.com/drgbojie/

Latest Instagrams

© Charlotte's Web of Books. Design by FCD.