(33)Love Life by Rob Lowe

Wednesday, April 16, 2014

Love Life

Pages: 272

Publisher: Simon & Schuster
Publication Date: April 8, 2014


If there is an actor in Hollywood that is a more interesting  guy than Rob Lowe, please point me to his biography. 

I listened to Stories I Only Tell My Friends on audiobook, which was a hell of a reader experience, but I could not wait for the extra hours to "listen".    In his new book Rob (I call him Rob because it feels like we are on a first named basis) continues telling us stories from his fascinating life.  Some are about his early days in Hollywood - like his first invitation to the Playboy Mansion.  Some stories are about his family - like when he dressed as a "Big Foot" to spice up a family camping trip.  I think that is the story that made me laugh the most.  He also talks about his sobriety.  From his time in rehab to the first time he took a drink in over twenty years.  He bares it all.  But I think the part that touched my heart the most was when he told the story of taking his oldest son to college.  It doesn't matter how big of a star you are, you have a hard time saying goodbye to your baby when he goes off to college. 

Other fun things mentioned, Rob Lowe was on set for the filming of "the" scene in Glengary Glen Ross. You know which scene- the Alec Baldwin "Always Be Closing" scene, which happens to be one of my favorite movie scenes of all times.   He speaks to the fact that even then he knew he was witnessing acting history.   Another really fun fact.   When Rob was in London acting in the A Few Good Men in London he made a few comments in the press that gained him an in person thank you from Prime Minister Tony Blair.   How cool is that?

Bottom line, as far as celebrity memoirs go, I will be surprised if there is a better one out there than Rob Lowe.  He has the most fascinating stories to tell and his intelligence is evident with every word that appears on the page. If you are looking for a fun way to pass an afternoon Love Life is for you. 


Latest Instagrams

© Charlotte's Web of Books. Design by FCD.