(27)Tempting Fate by Jane Green

Tuesday, March 25, 2014

Tempting Fate

Pages: 352
Publisher: St. Martin's Press
Publication Date: March 25, 2014


Gabby and Elliot have been married for twenty years and their relationship is everything you would expect from a couple who have been together for so long.  They are busy with two teenagers, they are comfortable in their roles and who does what.  They are at that stage where not only do they look past the "dress down" days,  but they also look past the "dress up" days.   Elliott has taken the girls camping so Gabby can have girls night out.   After a few glasses of wine Gabby is feeling good and feels even better when the very handsome younger man starts flirting with her.  Gabby hasn't felt that kind of excitement in years and while nothing happens that night she allows a relationship to develop that soon turns into something and Gabby is faced with some really tough choices and some really harsh realities.   Will she throw away her marriage for the younger man or will she come to her senses before it is too late?

Ohhhhhh, Tempting Fate is a gooooooood one!  I finished this book in one day and last night I sat on the couch crying like a baby because of this book.  My poor husband still doesn't really know what to do with me when books make me cry.   I have only been married a fraction of the time that Gabby and Elliott have been married, but I can understand where being too comfortable can be almost detrimental to the marriage.  It certainly was for Gabby and Elliott. Marriage is hard and it is something that you have to continually work at and feed in order for it to grow.  As much as I wanted to dislike Gabby, I found that I couldn't.  She was just one of those characters that you wanted for your own friend and when her heart breaks, your heart breaks.   I have to be careful to not give away too much, but just know that the end of this book was probably the most satisfying ending that I have read in a very long time.  It ended just the way I had hoped it would. 

Bottom line, I have read every book that Jane Green has ever written and sometimes more than once, but I can easily say that Tempting Fate ranks right up there as one of my favorites. The characters are multi-dimensional and so easy to like, despite their flaws. Tempting Fate is one of those books that loyal fans will love and will make new readers lifelong fans. 


Latest Instagrams

© Charlotte's Web of Books. Design by FCD.