Happy Tuesday? -

Tuesday, December 17, 2013



There is a serious lack of "quality" titles being released today.  I am sure a lot of the books are decent and well respected, but not anything that I or most of my readers really enjoy.   So I thought I would take this time to remind you of some of my favorite books this year.


First up, Night Film the dark and gritty mystery that is takes you to the edge of your seat and at times pushes you over the edge.  This book stayed with me for so long that I even gave a digital copy as a gift to a lover of all things dark and gritty.



Me Before You - I think this was my most favorite book of the year.  Even though I read it clear back in February I still think of it often.  In fact a friend and I were talking about the sensitive subject matter the other day and I mentioned this book.  If you have not read this book, why not?  Really, I am serious, WHY have you not read this book?

The Fault in Our Stars  - I admit that I was late to the game with this one because it was on a lot of "Best of 2012" lists.  But after listening to it in audio form I understand why so many teens and adults fell in love with Gus and Hazel.  Soon to be on the big screen, this is one of those books that if not done correctly, fans will be on the doorsteps of the producers burning pitchforks.

Looking for Me - Beautiful.  This book was beautiful and lyrical in a way that I had been missing in books this year.  The characters, the scenery, the setting, the antiques all had a way of just blending together in a way that made it tough to stop reading.

You may or may not agree with me on what constitutes a "best of " moniker and these are just a few of mine, but I am curious what books made your "Best of 2013" list this year?

Latest Instagrams

© Charlotte's Web of Books. Design by FCD.