(103)Who Moved My Cheese by

Monday, July 23, 2012

Who Moved My Cheese

Publication Date: September 8, 1998
Pages: 96


I first read Who Moved My Cheese almost five years ago when I was working at the book store. (Read the review here) I recently started a new Sales job and my new boss gave me this book and said if I had it read and a one page book report to him by today, he would give me $50.   Well let me just say that is the easiest $50 I will have ever made.

So I sat down this weekend and read through the book again. I took away different "things" from the book this time because it applies to a different portion of my life.  I won't share the whole book report with you, but I will share with you a portion of what I wrote.

This weekend when I read Who Moved My Cheese I looked at the parable from a different place than I did four years ago.  A place as a new employee in an organization where change is crucial to success and success is crucial to survival.  In this book the “Cheese” can be a metaphor for anything, but in my mind the Cheese = sales/success. Who Moved My Cheese provides an excellent example of what happens to employees who are not willing hunt out the cheese.   And if they cannot find new cheese – they can become extinct.   As a new employee in the maze that is Blah Blah Blah I have yet to find my cheese.  I have yet to enjoy the success or reap the benefits of finding my cheese.  I am still learning the ins and outs of my new career; I am still learning the tools of what it will take to find my cheese



The beauty of a book like Who Moved My Cheese is that it does not matter how many times you read it, you will look at it from a different perspective each time.  What it meant to me this time will probably be different if I read it again in six months or a year.  But it is a great reminder to me that change is good.  And necessary. 
Sara Lucinda Bell said...

Hmmmm I've never read this one! I'll have to add it to the list, could be pretty darn useful!

Latest Instagrams

© Charlotte's Web of Books. Design by FCD.