(10)Half-Assed by Jennette Fulda

Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Half-Assed

Publication Date: April 29, 2008
Pages: 300


After reading Kate Rockland's, 150 Pounds, I got to thinking about Weight Loss bloggers and the inspiration and motivation they provide for people like me who are struggling to lose the weight.  I started poking around Google (thank God for Google) and found several success stories.

Jennette Fulda's journey has been, I don't want to say completed (this type of journey is NEVER really completed), but I will say successful for several years  now.  She shared her story with the world in 2008 in the form of her book, Half-Assed.

Jennette was just in her early twenties when she reached her boiling point.  The point where she was done being fat and was ready to be skinny.  Even though she thought about Weight Loss Surgery, she did it the old fashioned way. Diet and Exercise.  And in two years she lost close to 200 pounds.  Think about that for a minute.   TWO HUNDRED POUNDS.  Some of us (not me, but I wish) are 200 pounds and Jennette lost an ENTIRE you!!  Just by changing her diet and starting to exercise.  If that is not inspiring I have no idea what inspiring looks like.

Jennette takes us through her childhood and we get to see what her world looked like when she started putting on the weight.  She shares some of those embarrassing moments that overweight people have in common.  And she shares with us those moments when she decided to JUST DO IT, all the while keeping her sense of humor and desire to succeed.  As I struggle with my New Years Resolution I need stories like Jennette's to keep me motivated. I have thought about starting a weight loss blog myself, but I am just not ready to put it all out there.  Yet.   But you will be the first to know when (if) it happens.

Latest Instagrams

© Charlotte's Web of Books. Design by FCD.