(119)Always Something There to Remind Me by Beth Harbison

Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Always Something There To Remind Me

Publication Date: July 19, 2011
368 Pages


Do you remember what it was like to be in high school and be in love? Here it is two decades later and Erin Edwards remembers it as if it was yesterday. The intense feelings she felt for Nate Lawson have never diminished. That becomes painfully obvious when she runs into him and they pick up as if the last twenty years never existed. But they did and they both have other commitments and other lives. Will they be able to reconcile their past and be friends? Or are the past memories and emotions going to get in the way of a possible friendship?

I loooooooooooooved this book! The 80's references were supremely spot on! I expect no less from Beth Harbison, but the music references to the makeup references were perfect. I loved Erin and the relationship she has with her daughter, Cam. I loved the way the author put us in Erin's head to truly see the feelings she has for Nate. I teared up a couple of times because I could really empathize for her. The ending was well done and just as it should have been. Overall a great Summer read.
Mimi said...

I'm adding this one to my PBS wish list. I do admit the song is going through my head right now.

Shonda said...

I thought this would be a good summer book after reading the synopsis. And I do love the '80s so this is definitely a book for me!

Charlotte's Web of Books said...

It really *is* the perfect summer read! You guys will love it, I promise!

Latest Instagrams

© Charlotte's Web of Books. Design by FCD.