(117)Killing Kate by Julie Kramer

Monday, July 25, 2011

I have never read Julie Kramer before, but when I looked up her backlist on bn.com, I think that I may have one or two of her books in *my* backlist. I must say that I enjoyed reading Killing Kate.

Apparently Killing Kate is the fourth in a series about a Minneapolis TV reporter, Riley Spartz. Riley is pulled into yet another murder mystery when the sister of her college roommate is murdered in her home. Riley finds herself in the hunt for the story of her career and it takes her all over the Midwest. As she starts to piece everything together she realizes that she might be the next victim of the Black Angel killer. Will she be able to blow the lid off of the story before it is too late?

Even though Killing Kate was the fourth in a series I didn't get the feeling like I was missing out on anything from the previous books. It wasn't the most gripping mystery I have ever read, but it was entertaining. Riley is an interesting and realistic character who just happens to get herself in several unrealistic (some of them) situations. There are several subplots that culminate in a somewhat unrealistic, yet horrific ending. But if you are willing to suspend belief to make it through the end, you might enjoy the outcome.

Latest Instagrams

© Charlotte's Web of Books. Design by FCD.