(113) Love Story by Jennifer Echols

Wednesday, July 20, 2011


Publication Date: July 19, 2011
256 Pages


Erin Blackwell is a struggling college student. She lives in the dorms and works crazy hours at a coffee shop. Her only joy in life is creative writing, where she hopes to perfect her love stories and get them ready for publication. She feels safe sharing her stories in her tight knit class until one day there is a new student. Except he isn't new to Erin. He is the man that stole her inheritance and essentially banished her from the only true home she has known. And he is the hero in her love stories.

Love Story was a decent love story written for Young Adults. I have seen a lot of really positive reviews for Jennifer Echols' new book, but it really didn't do much for me. It was a story that I feel like I had read before. And maybe I have read something similar before when I read nothing but trashy romance novels. I think I am a bit disappointed because I was expecting more. I know that, being an old lady, I am not the target audience for the author. Maybe this is a sign that I need to back off the YA novels and stick with something a bit more "age appropriate".

Lisa Mandina said...

I often feel the same way about YA novels that are just realistic type of fiction. That's why I like the "paranormal romance" as we now categorize it at the store. :-)

Charlotte's Web of Books said...

Oh cool -- there is now a whole section for Paranormal Romance section?

Latest Instagrams

© Charlotte's Web of Books. Design by FCD.