(75)It's All Relative by Wade Rouse

Tuesday, May 24, 2011

There is NOTHING that cures what ails you like good old belly laughter. I, like many in this country, have been mesmerized by the tragedy in Joplin. After I found out my friend was safe, I just parked my butt in front of the television. But, much like after 9/11, there is only so much I can take.

Wade Rouse is the cure. A writer from the SW Missouri area himself, he has got to be one of the funniest writers I have ever read. It's All Relative is a collection of stories about Wade's holiday experiences. His tales range from hunting (make that digging for) Easter eggs as a kid to his first Thanksgiving with the "In-Laws" but NOTHING is funnier than his tale of his first Valentine's Day with his partner, Gary. I swear to God I nearly wet myself.

I never really got the humor of Augusten Burroughs or David Sedaris (don't hate me) but Wade Rouse ranks right up there with Jen Lancaster in my book. He finds humor in every situation and can turn it into a literary masterpiece with ease. Some call it witty, some call it sarcastic, but I call it perfect. If you are looking for something to take your mind off of the wrath of Mother Nature, pick up one of Wade Rouse's books and tell me what you think.

Latest Instagrams

© Charlotte's Web of Books. Design by FCD.