(106)This Is Where We Live by Janelle Brown

Thursday, July 15, 2010

This Is Where We Live is a book of our times. It was a book that I could relate to in a way that I choose not to elaborate on, but this was a book that brought back that familiar ache in the pit of my stomach that was a constant for me for over a year.

Claudia and Jeremy are a couple in their early 30's living the dream in LA. They purchased a bungalow with an Adjustable Rate Mortgage not too long after they married and proceeded to pursue their dreams in the "business". Jeremy with his band and Claudia with her movie, which was a favorite at Sundance. Their ARM adjusts and their world (and marriage) starts to crumble.

It wasn't that long ago that I read Janelle Brown's first book, All We Ever Wanted Was Everything, so it is still pretty fresh in my head. I will say that in my opinion, I will say that I think her first book was better. The characters were a little more likable. Claudia and Jeremy both seemed immature and selfish, which made it hard to like them, but at the same time I could empathize their situation.

Latest Instagrams

© Charlotte's Web of Books. Design by FCD.