(53) There's a (slight) chance i might be going to hell by Laurie Notaro

Sunday, March 28, 2010


I love an author that makes me laugh out loud. Jen Lancaster is notorious for having that talent and so does Laurie Notaro, I discovered. There's a Slight Chance I Might Be Going to Hell was a funny book.

I could relate to the premise of the story. Maye moves from her hometown of Phoenix to Spaulding, Washington for her husbands career. Ummm, been there doing that for three months now. Spaulding is a little University town. To say that Maye has a hard time fitting in is a hilarious understatement. From book clubs featuring Witches to Vegan clubs, Maye is desperately trying to make friends. She finally finds a way by joining the Sewer Pipe Beauty Pageant.

I laughed outside several times through out this book. It is always fun to find a story that tickles the funny bone. Maye's escapades were laugh out loud funny. I wonder if Notaro's non-fiction is as funny as her foray into fiction. I sure hope so!
Erin @ A Girl & Her Mutt said...

I love Laurie Notaro. I've enjoyed following her as she grows up through her books. By far my fave is still The Idiot Girls book, but this one was fantastic too!

Latest Instagrams

© Charlotte's Web of Books. Design by FCD.