(48) The Girl Who Chased The Moon by Sarah Addison Allen

Monday, March 22, 2010

I have been a fan of Sarah Addison Allen ever since I read Garden Spells. Her books have a magical, mystical quality that just leave me feeling good. I am sad to say that I can not put The Girl Who Chased The Moon in that same category. Don't get me wrong, it wasn't a horrible book. I have read far worse this year, I just don't think it lived up to the standard I have come to expect from Sarah Addison Allen.

The Girl Who Chased The Moon tells the story of Emily. Emily is a seventeen year old orphan who arrives in Mullaby, North Carolina to live with the grandfather she has never met. She encounters several enchanting townsfolk, including her own Grandfather, but it is Win, the son of "the Family" of town who has captured Emily's attention. Only Win's family will do everything possible to stop the relationship.

Just like her other books, The Girl Who Chased The Moon had a few of the magical qualities that I have come to expect and love from Sarah Addison Allen, the story just didn't touch my heart like the others did. And while that has me a little disappointed, it won't stop me from reading her future works.
Shonda said...

Good review! I haven't read anything by this author, but have seen this book a lot lately. It sounds interesting. Maybe I'll see if my library owns a copy. I am curious about it though.

Latest Instagrams

© Charlotte's Web of Books. Design by FCD.