(44) The Local News by Miriam Gershow

Tuesday, March 16, 2010


More than once I wanted to stop reading this book. But I paid for it. It was on my nook & frankly I wanted to get my money out of The Local News.

Boy, do I regret that now. Life is too short to read a book that you just don't like. There wasn't anything BAD about the book, it just didn't hold my interest and felt rather boring.

The Local News is about the family of a teenage boy who goes missing. The story is told from his fifteen year old sister's viewpoint. She wasn't particularly close to her brother, yet she takes an active part in trying to find him.

I will not tell you how it turns out, it is not particularly shocking. And like I said, it is rather boring in how the author gets to the end of the story.

Anyway, on to the next book.
Shonda said...

Sorry to hear this was boring for you. It's on my TBR List. I still want to read it. I'll check it out from the library. Thanks for the review.

Charlotte's Web of Books said...

You will have to let me know what you think!

Latest Instagrams

© Charlotte's Web of Books. Design by FCD.