(31) Hope In A Jar by Beth Harbison

Tuesday, March 2, 2010


Just what I needed! A good fluff book to breeze through!

Hope in a Jar by Beth Harbison was the type of fluff book that took me back to my youth. My younger, awkward days. Where I wore Lady Stetson instead of Loves Baby Soft and I begged my parents for Guess jeans. (of course that answer was a big fat NO!)

Hope In A Jar is about Allie & Olivia. Two best friends that went separate ways in the middle of their senior year. It is now 20 years later and they catch up with each other at their high school reunion. Their own personal reunion was facilitated by Noah, Allie's other best friend. Was the reunion enough to shake Allie out of her funk? Will the reunion change everything?

Hope in a Jar was a fun book to read. The chapters alternated between present day and the old school days for Allie and Olivia. The chapters of school days were fun to read as a lot of my memories are similar to that of Allie. From the posters hanging on the wall to the trips to Woolsworths (are there any Woolsworths left these days?) it was a fun read. Allie and Olivia are both enjoyable characters and I could see myself being friends with them, both in school and in present day. If you are in a need of a walk down memory lane, this is the perfect book for you!
angie128 said...

I LOVED Love's Baby Soft.

Lisa Mandina said...

Sounds like a cute book. I also loved Love's Baby Soft!!

Charlotte's Web of Books said...

I wore Lady Stetson. And I think I only wore it because someone gave it to me for Christmas.

Latest Instagrams

© Charlotte's Web of Books. Design by FCD.