(48) Best Intentions by Emily Listfield

Saturday, June 13, 2009


If it walks like a duck & quacks like a duck, is it really a duck?


Sam & Lisa are living life like millions of Americans. They are struggling with their finances, they are trying to raise their two daughters the best they can. They are trying to pay their mortgage and private school tuition. Life is hard.


But, Sam & Lisa have been in love since college. They can survive anything. After sixteen years of marriage, they know each other inside and out. Until one morning when Lisa makes the mistake of listening to Sam's voicemail. With that one voicemail and the death of an old friend, sixteen years of trust is virtually erased. Lisa's listening to that voice mails starts in motion a chain of events that will forever change their lives.

Will Lisa & Sam survive in the end? Or will they fall victim to the one thing that kills thousands of marriages, infidelity?

While, Best of Intentions, is not the worst book I have ever read, it certainly wasn't the best. I started losing interest after the middle of the book. The twists and turns weren't really all that suspenseful, or shocking. And I didn't really feel satisfied with the end. I was just more relieved that it was finally done.

Shonda said...

I enjoyed reading this book. I just didn't believe Sam's story even after the book ended. I actually felt bad for Lisa as she was trying to figure out the truth. I just didn't know who to believe. But, I still thought it was a good book.

I like your first sentence in the review... makes one think.

Latest Instagrams

© Charlotte's Web of Books. Design by FCD.