(3) Kiss by Ted Dekker & Erin Healy

Thursday, January 8, 2009


Kiss was the first book by Ted Dekker that I have read. A former co-worker was always asking me to read his books & asking me if I have read anything yet, so he would be glad that I finally have.
That being said, the book was okay. Since it is "co-written" I don't know if it was truly a collaboration or if Ted Dekker is turning into the James Patterson of Religious Fiction. I hope not, because that whole concept drives me nuts.
Anyway, about the book. Kiss is a somewhat a romantic suspense novel, with a little theology thrown in for good measure. The prologue has the main character, Shauna, having an animated discussion with her therapist. And her younger brother is in the room. They are talking about confronting her father. A Senator from Texas who is running for President.
The first chapter picks up with Shauna in the hospital waking up after a six week coma. She & her brother had been in a serious car accident & her brother will never be the same again. Shauna has no memory of the accident itself or just about anything that leads up to the accident. After a few interesting run ins, Shauna starts to believe that it was not an accident at all & she can not trust the people that she should be able to trust.
There is a lot of action & suspense in the story. With a little bit of romance. But, honestly about halfway through the book, I couldn't wait for it to end. I felt that I had invested too much time to give up, but it was a fairly fast read, so I didn't feel guilty for sticking with it.
Mimi said...

Huh. That does sound like an interesting premise, but I know what you mean about sometimes just yearning for the end.

Latest Instagrams

© Charlotte's Web of Books. Design by FCD.