(44)Seabreeze Inn by Jan Moran

Sunday, August 1, 2021

 


Ivy Bay Marin was heartbroken when her husband died suddenly, but it devastated her to learn that he left her nothing but a mountain of debt. He had even taken all of their savings, without telling her to buy some house on the other side of the country. Ivy and her sister Shelly travel from Boston back to their hometown of Summer Beach to investigate the property. Las Brisas is a formidable estate that has been relatively untouched for many decades. Ivy could sell it, but she makes the decision to turn it into an inn. She had to sell their family home in Boston to pay for her husband's debts. Their kids are grown and on their own. It makes sense. But Ivy runs into unexpected problems, the property isn't zoned for business, the real estate agent was Ivy's summer crush from her childhood, and it doesn't stop there. Will Ivy be able to make this dream come true?

So funny story. I selected Jan Moran for a summer read at my monthly book club. Only I just wrote down "Summer Beach" on my list. So while I read Seabreeze Inn for book club this month, the rest of them read Coral Cottage. We all had a good laugh at my expense. Seabreeze Inn was a fun book and exactly what I needed to scratch my "beach read" itch. I liked Ivy from the minute she was introduced. She had been delt a tough blow with her husband's death and the revelation of his secrets, but she wasn't ready to give up. She saw a solution and was going to do anything to make it happen. Frankly, that has always been a dream of mine running an inn or bed-and-breakfast. Who wouldn't love to live in an incredible house by the ocean?

Bottom Line - Jan Moran has written a delightful beach read that I completely enjoyed. Now that we are into August, time for beach reads is dwindling. Don't wait to read Seabreeze Inn, you won't regret it!


Details: 
LOVET said...

I came across Dr. Godday email address online how he has fixed broken relationship without delay. and i was really happy to contact him because i and my husband has been apart for the past 9 months and it was really killing me so after i have contacted Dr. Godday he cast the love spell for me and make my lover to come back to my arms within 9 hours with full appreciation i want to thank Dr. Godday for his good works in my life. in case you need his help just contact via email address: goddayspiritualhome@gmail.com or Whats App no +2349018437588

Latest Instagrams

© Charlotte's Web of Books. Design by FCD.