(104)Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban

Friday, December 22, 2017


Harry Potter is back for his third year at Hogwarts.  After spending a couple of weeks at a lodge on Diagon Alley he joins Hermione and Ron back at Hogwarts.  But this year everybody is on edge, the dangerous killer, Sirius Black, has escaped from Azkaban, the wizard prison, and all are afraid that he will be coming after Harry.  All of the Hogwarts teachers are determined to keep Harry safe and much to his dismay they are going to such extremes to keep him. Thankfully Fred and George Weasley slipped Harry a map that will help him sneak out of the castle and into Hogsmeade with his friends.  But sneaking back in may cause some problems, especially when Sirius is spotted on the grounds.   Will Sirius ever be caught and will Harry ever be safe again?

Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban was the first book that felt like we learned more about Harry's parents.   Harry didn't even know that he had a Godfather and then he discovered that his father's best friend was the escapee from the wizardry prison. I loved everything about the Marauder's Map - including the authors.  I can't wait to see what that looks like in the movies.  I also want to see how Harry's stay in Diagon Alley is portrayed in the movie.  I really liked the end and how once again Harry, Hermione, and Ron save the day.  And once again I loved how Dumbledore takes Harry's side in the neverending battle with Snape. And of course, there is this year's teacher of the Defense Against the Dark Arts class.  Professor Lupine was a fun character and gave more insight into Harry's parents.   I loved the way the book ended, but I don't think that we have seen the last of Sirius Black.

Botton Line - So far I think that Prisoner of Azkaban is my favorite book of the series.  I loved everything about it from start to finish.

Details:


Latest Instagrams

© Charlotte's Web of Books. Design by FCD.