Monday, July 23, 2012

(103)Who Moved My Cheese by

Who Moved My Cheese

Publication Date: September 8, 1998
Pages: 96


I first read Who Moved My Cheese almost five years ago when I was working at the book store. (Read the review here) I recently started a new Sales job and my new boss gave me this book and said if I had it read and a one page book report to him by today, he would give me $50.   Well let me just say that is the easiest $50 I will have ever made.

So I sat down this weekend and read through the book again. I took away different "things" from the book this time because it applies to a different portion of my life.  I won't share the whole book report with you, but I will share with you a portion of what I wrote.

This weekend when I read Who Moved My Cheese I looked at the parable from a different place than I did four years ago.  A place as a new employee in an organization where change is crucial to success and success is crucial to survival.  In this book the “Cheese” can be a metaphor for anything, but in my mind the Cheese = sales/success. Who Moved My Cheese provides an excellent example of what happens to employees who are not willing hunt out the cheese.   And if they cannot find new cheese – they can become extinct.   As a new employee in the maze that is Blah Blah Blah I have yet to find my cheese.  I have yet to enjoy the success or reap the benefits of finding my cheese.  I am still learning the ins and outs of my new career; I am still learning the tools of what it will take to find my cheese



The beauty of a book like Who Moved My Cheese is that it does not matter how many times you read it, you will look at it from a different perspective each time.  What it meant to me this time will probably be different if I read it again in six months or a year.  But it is a great reminder to me that change is good.  And necessary. 

1 comments:

Sara Bell said...

Hmmmm I've never read this one! I'll have to add it to the list, could be pretty darn useful!

Why I Read...

I remember the carefree summer days when I used to ride my bike to the public library to pick out new books. I would go almost daily to find books to read. I read to learn. I read to explore the world. I read to escape. I read because not reading is not an option.

Follow Us @soratemplates

Contact Us

Name

Email *

Message *

Popular Posts

Contact us

Total Pageviews

Translate