(71)The End by Sara Bell

Tuesday, May 22, 2012

The End
by Sara Lucinda Bell

Publication Date: March 9, 2012

Buy it Here!

There is something beautiful about "The End of the World As We Know It" (yes, I realize that sounds very twisted)- the beauty is in the fact that it can be whatever your imagination allows it to be. For some it includes zombies or meteors or crippling EMP's.  The End for Dallas involves bombs and explosives.  Lots of bombs and explosives.


Newly married, Dallas is pregnant and attending college in Arizona while her husband, Hank, is stationed in China with the Marines. Dallas is in the basement of a science lab on campus when  The End arrives.   She emerges and finds death and destruction at every turn.  Dallas does the only thing she knows how to do - go home.  She sets off on foot for Texas and where her family lives While her journey "home" takes her all over the country, Hank's journey "home" takes him all over the world as he fights to make his way back to Dallas.  Along the way they both encounter people who help them redefine the term "family". Will they be able to survive the end of the world or will the dangers they encounter on their journeys be the end of them both?

First I want to say that Sara Bell is a regular reader of my blog and when I started letting my "geek flag" fly over post-apocalyptic books she offered to let me read the book that she wrote. Since I am never one to turn down a post-apocalyptic book I agreed to read The End.  I will be honest to say that it took me a few minutes to get used to the "voice" of Dallas.  She is a Southern Young Adult and speaks a language that is a bit different from what this old lady speaks, but once I got used to the tone of Dallas's voice, I just flew through this book.   Like I said earlier, "The End of The World As We Know It" can be anything your imagination will let it be.  The world that Sara Bell has created not only has death and destruction, but it has hope.

Bottom line - I really did enjoy The End.  I think that the thing I enjoyed the most is the fact that on their journeys, both Hank and Dallas realized that "home" is not a specific place, but a person.  Wherever that person is, you will find "home".   If you like post-apocalyptic or dystopian novels then grab this one while it is still just $2.99.

Sara Lucinda Bell said...

Thanks so much for the positive review Charlotte! I really appreciate it and I'm so glad you liked it!

Travis Knoll said...

I loved it, I was hoping to see a sequel, prequel, and or a collection, I think it has a great storyline and that there could be more to be told!

Latest Instagrams

© Charlotte's Web of Books. Design by FCD.