(11) Point, Click, Love by Molly Shapiro

Saturday, January 28, 2012

Point, Click, Love

Publication Date: December 20, 2011
Pages: 272 


I love it when an Author sets their novel in an area I am familiar with - like Kansas City.  With several friends and family still living there, I consider it to be "home".


I did not know much about Point, Click, Love before I started reading.  It is about four women living in the Kansas City suburbs, Johnson County to be exact, who finds the Internet playing a part in how they define love and happiness. Maxine, Claudia, Katie, and Annie are four friends who are at different places in their lives romantically.  They all have the Internet to thank for their current state in life.  Annie is desperate to have a child and takes to the internet to find a sperm donor. Katie is recently divorced and finds herself taking to dating websites in hopes of finding a worthy mate.  Maxine finds herself getting lost in the gossip websites in hopes of forgetting that her marriage is than perfect.  And Claudia. Claudia finds herself blaming her husband's addiction to Facebook for her own affair with a coworker. As these four friends navigate the Internet in search of happiness they start to learn some hard truths about themselves and how they define happiness.


I enjoyed this book mostly because of the Kansas City references.  Although the author pretty much stuck to the Plaza area and JOCO,(When I lived on the Missouri side suburbs & in the Northland) there were still a lot of references that made me long for my home.  The stately homes in the Brookside area and Boulevard Wheat (good luck finding it on tap in Utah) to name just a couple. Plus the fact that I spent I spent my dating years in Kansas City (and OH BOY can I relate to poor Katie) really made this book a relate-able one for me.  I will be honest that I found it hard to like some of the characters all of the time.  Their choices and actions were a bit distasteful, but unfortunately not all that uncommon.


Overall, Point, Click, Love is a good Chick Lit book.  Obviously I loved it because of it's setting, but it is also one of those books where the author does a good job of presenting several different several different ways ones life (and love) could be impacted by the Internet.  But the bottom line is,as these four ladies find out, finding love and happiness is just not as easy as pointing and clicking.



Amber @ A Little Pink in the Cornfields said...

Ooooh! I'm definitely picking this one up! I lived on both the MO and the KS sides while in the KC area so this sounds like a really fun read!

Shonda said...

I'm looking forward to reading this one too. Sounds like the perfect weekend read.

Jana said...

Sounds cute! I might have to check this one out. :) Thanks for stopping by!

- Jana @ That Artsy Reader Girl

Latest Instagrams

© Charlotte's Web of Books. Design by FCD.