(121)Built to Sell by John Warrillow

Sunday, July 31, 2011


Built to Sell
Publication Date : April 28, 2011


Okay, I admit it. I committed the ultimate book lover sin. I committed to reading a book based on the title alone. Not even the entire title. I just saw the "Built to Sell" and I thought - I have GOT to read that! Being that my job has morphed into nothing but a sales and marketing position, I am always looking for ways to improve my skills.

Well, Built to Sell is more about building your company in preparation of selling it to prospective buyers. I did go ahead and read the book and I enjoyed what the author had to say. He used the "fable" method, ala Patrick Lencioni, telling us a tale of Alex and his mentor, Ted. Ted is trying to help Alex transform his company from your average advertising agency to an agency with a very specific focus, logos, and perfecting that focus to grow the business and make it attractive to prospective buyers.

Even though it was not what I expected, it was an interesting book told in a way that is not as boring or dry as it could have been. That was meant to be a compliment, really. LOL. Even though the target audience is very specific, I think this book could be beneficial to any small business owner. One who is wanting to sell or one who is just looking to improve their business from the top down. It would be a good gift to give the business owners in your life. --- And let this be a lesson to you - read the ENTIRE title before committing to reading it for your blog.

Latest Instagrams

© Charlotte's Web of Books. Design by FCD.