(50) Deep Down True by Juliette Fay

Wednesday, April 13, 2011

This book has been sitting on my nightstand for several months. The other night I finished one book in bed & was not yet ready to sleep, so I grabbed Deep Down True and started reading. I was pleasantly surprised.

Dana Stellgarten is slowly recovering from her divorce. She is trying to keep life as normal as possible for her two kids. Then she discovers her daughter is purging, her son is being picked on at school and then her wayward teenage niece shows up and her son's football coach hits on her. She realizes that they aren't handling the divorce as well as she thought. Will she be able to hold her struggling family together?

While a bit predictable in some areas, I liked Dana Stellgarten. She was forced into a rough situation, but handled it with a graciousness that was admirable. Overall it was a decent book, if you can handle the predictability, then you should be fine reading Deep Down True.
Shonda said...

I've seen this book several times while book browsing. I love the cover! I've wondered about it, as it seems perfect for summer reading. Thanks for the review.

Latest Instagrams

© Charlotte's Web of Books. Design by FCD.