(89) Miss You Most of All by Elizabeth Bass

Sunday, June 13, 2010

I did not finish this book. I read everything but the last 15 pages. I stopped reading because I knew how it was going to end and having recently gone through it with my family, I did not want to have to read about the ugly details.

Having said that, Miss You Most Of All was a pretty predictable book, yet it was worth the read. Two sisters, Rue and Laura run the Sassy Spinster Farm in the heart of Texas. The invite women into their home to experience the ranch life that is just life to Laura and Rue. Things are moving right along when an uninvited woman shows up. Their ex-stepsister, Heidi. And she brings a whole slew of problems with her. Can they get through the summer with minimal problems or will this be it for the Sassy Spinster Farm.

Laura was not a favorable character. I wanted to rip through the pages and slap her silly. My dislike for her almost ruined the book for me. But, reading about their step-sister relationship was also interesting for me, as I have a picture perfect relationship with my step-sister. In fact, neither one of us have used the "step" part of that title in 25 years.

I wouldn't say Miss You Most of All was a horrible book, yet I would encourage you to run out and buy it for the beach bag. It is a "Lend Me" book for the nook. So if there is a nook owner interested in reading it, leave a comment with your email address,(sorry, first come, first to read) & let me know what you think.
Nicole K/GothamGal said...

I would love to read this on my nook. I've tried to send a nook book, but haven't yet been a lend me recipient.
My email address is GothamGal(at)Gmail.com.

Thanks for the opportunity.

Charlotte's Web of Books said...

Ok Nicole, I sent the "Lend Me" request. You have a few days to accept, then 14 days to read after you accept.

Nicole K/GothamGal said...

Thank you, Charlotte!
I received the book and will give you a shout once I've finished it. I went ahead and added the Lend Me feature episode to my website as well--will update with the review as soon as it's done.

Thank you for your generosity, and thank you for helping me with this cool Nook feature! I will have to offer something like this on my blog in the future.

http://gothamgalgordon.wordpress.com/2010/06/13/gothamgals-nook-l
ook-epi-3/

Latest Instagrams

© Charlotte's Web of Books. Design by FCD.