Eat Pray Love

Friday, April 16, 2010

I may be the only person on the planet who has not read this book. Either you really really love it or you hated it. Frankly I have no desire to read it. But. I *LOVE* Julia Roberts. I would pay to watch her read the phone book, so I will probably see the movie. Thoughts?


Nicole K/GothamGal said...

I, too, have not read the book. I think I might, though.

Mimi said...

I liked Love best, Eat next, and Pray was kind of out there.

But, having said that, I thought it was good.

I'm not sure how it will translate to film, but then I am not a movie person per se.

Lisa Mandina said...

I also didn't want to read this at first. But last year I was still doing my thing where I would read a bestseller/popular book every 15 books, and I chose to read this one. I really enjoyed it a lot more than I ever expected. Charlotte, I think you should read it. I think you might enjoy it if you give it a chance. I, on the other hand, am not a huge Julia Roberts fan. I don't think she's a very good actress because I always see her and not her character. Maybe she's just too big a personality to fade into her characters, I don't know.

Lisa said...

I've been on the fence about this one but just found it tonight in the clearance bin of Books a Million for $3. I figured if Julia Roberts figured it was worth being in a movie of it, I should probably read it.

Anonymous said...

I tried to read it a couple of years ago and just couldn't get into it. I keep thinking I should try again, so if you read it, I will want to hear what you think.
Karen G

Keri said...

I am not a big book reader but I loved this book it spoke to me personally and I really related to the Author. ALL TIME MY Favorite book. Will go see movie kinda curious how they will do in a movie but it's Julia Roberts so go to see it.
Keri

Charlotte's Web of Books said...

Okay guys, you have convinced me, I will pick it up at the library!

Latest Instagrams

© Charlotte's Web of Books. Design by FCD.