(76) Last One by Anna Quindlen

Sunday, April 25, 2010


Mary Beth & Glen are living a charmed life in the suburbs with their three teens. Ruby, and the twins, Max and Alex. Ruby is a Senior in High School and the twins are fourteen. They have their typical twin issues, but nothing uncommon.

Until one night their idyllic life is shattered in a shocking and tragic way. Leaving Mary Beth to hold everything together, something she is ill prepared to do, for many reasons.

This is one of those books that I can't say much without giving major spoilers. But to say that the "shocking event" was a major shocker is a gross understatement. It took my breath away in a way most unexpected.

In Every Last One, Anna Quindlen has a masterful way with words. She expertly creates a world that is easy to slip into. Her words drawing you further in with each page. You feel as if you are part of the story and that is why when tragedy strikes, you are so shocked by what just happened. If you have never read Anna Quindlen, I encourage you to do so, but be prepared for what is about to happen.
(Diane) Bibliophile By the Sea said...

Everyone has been telling me to "read this book" so we can discuss it. I own it and by reading your review as well, I'd better get to it. Thanks for No Spoilers.

Mimi said...

I generally like Quindlen, so I look forward to this one too.

Wingnut said...

This was fabulous. Simply fabulous. I'm an easy cry'er but this one had me sobbing even more than usual. At the same time, I am so glad I read it and really like how Quindlen handled the story. Charlotte...thank you for sharing your passion! You continue to lead me to some really great books!

Latest Instagrams

© Charlotte's Web of Books. Design by FCD.