(73) The Sales Bible by Jeffrey Gitomer

Wednesday, April 21, 2010


My new job is in Sales. I have never had a strictly Sales position. And while I will have a salary, the real money is in the commissions. I wanted to brush up my selling skills. I picked up a few books at the library, but my goal is to read at least one business book a week. Probably more for the first few weeks.

The first book up is Jeffrey Gitomer's Sales Bible.I worked at the bookstore long enough to know that Jeffrey Gitomer is the King of all thing Sales related. His books continue to be bestsellers long after their publication date. So I went straight to the source.

The Sales Bible was a great book to ease me into the world of Sales. Gitomer writes in a straight forward, no nonsense manner. With enough humor thrown in that makes him the kind of guy who could sell me the Brooklyn Bridge then get ME to buy him a beer. I took two pages of notes and got some great ideas. Now I am just itching to get out there & make some sales!
glitzen said...

Sounds awesome. I recently started into sales again, and don't have my heart in it yet. I will have to check out the book. :)

Latest Instagrams

© Charlotte's Web of Books. Design by FCD.