(65)The Lies We Told by Diane Chamberlain - On Sale May 25th

Sunday, April 11, 2010

I have been a huge fan of Diane Chamberlain's for quite a while now. Her writing has been compared to Jodi Picoult, but I will go a step further and say that her writing, while similar in genre, is better than Picoult's. Why, you ask? Well because I don't have the violent urge to throw the book at the wall when I come to the end.

I was offered the chance to read an Advance Copy of The Lies We Told and I jumped at the chance. Once again, Ms. Chamberlain has written a touching story with characters that find their way into your heart. Her new book tells the story of two sisters. Both Doctor's, but that is where the similarities end. Becca is a Doctor with a non-profit organization that deals with disasters and Maya chose the safer route of an office to practice medicine. But when disaster strikes close to home, Maya is pressured into joining in the disaster relief. The helicopter she is in crashes, leaving Maya's husband and sister to believe she is dead. When really she is stranded on an island with a couple that may not have the most honest of intentions.

Just like her other books, Ms. Chamberlain tells her storys from more than one viewpoint. In The Lies We Told, you get to see the story unfold from both Maya's & Becca's views. From fear to anxiety to extreme guilt, you are able to get inside their heads and you can truly experience their emotions.

I am doing my best to spread the word, I believe that Diane Chamberlain is a hidden gem of an author that has yet to be discovered by the general population. If you have not read any of her works, be sure to pick one up today, I promise that you will not be disappointed.
christa @ mental foodie said...

I've only read one Jodi Picoult book (My Sister's Keeper) which I actually liked and didn't feel like throwing it at the wall after I was done :)

So it sounds like I'll enjoy Diane Chamberlain's books too - will give this a try!

Alicia said...

I love Diane Chamberlain. I just recently discovered her, and have only read two of her books but I have many more in my TBR pile!

Rita W said...

Thanks for recommending this author! I picked up Breaking the Silence at the library and I haven't been able to put it down all day! I'm sure I'll have to finish it before I can even think about going to bed tonight. I can't wait to see how this one ends!

Latest Instagrams

© Charlotte's Web of Books. Design by FCD.