(59) Caught by Harlan Coben

Tuesday, April 6, 2010


I love, love, LOVE me some Harlan Coben! His talent for weaving intricate, detail laden tales always leaves me hungry for more. Caught is no different!

Reporter Wendy Tynes is at the center of Coben's newest thriller. Her "Catch a Predator" type of show has "Caught" a predator that swears he is innocent. He is acquitted, yet the stigma of the accusation has destroyed his life. The "predator" is killed and Wendy is the only witness. It is then, despite overwhelming evidence, that she starts to second guess her expose and believes that Dan may not be the predator she exposed him to be. Her doubts lead her to Princeton, a group of college roommates and a treasure hunt gone terribly wrong.

The thing I like most about Coben's books is his way of writing thrillers set in the hear and the now. Detailed descriptions of iPhone aps and the ever growing problem of parents providing alcohol to teens just proves that Harlan Coben is in touch with his readers.
Brandie said...

I just got this today from the library and I can't wait to read it!!

Holly said...

I'm reading this right now! About a 1/3 of the way in. I am liking it very much so far! Can't wait to see what happens. I LOVE Harlan Coben!

Charlotte's Web of Books said...

You both will have to let me know what you think.

Anonymous said...

I'm also a huge fan of Coben! I absolutely love his books and I've pretty much read all of his stand alone, although I haven't read Caught yet. Its at the top of my tbr stack though.

I'm glad to find someone else that loves his books as much as i do. Ever since I started reading his books I've been looking for another author that is similar to him. I always get coben withdrawal waiting for his next release. Just wondering, are there any other authors that you've run across that reminds you of him? Or any recommendations on other authors I should hit up? I'll appreciate any suggestions you have.

ps: I love the layout of your blog! Its so cute!

Latest Instagrams

© Charlotte's Web of Books. Design by FCD.