Elf On The Shelf

Thursday, December 3, 2009



The Elf On The Shelf works like this. Since Santa is so busy, he can't realistically keep his eye on ALL of the children of the world, so he sends his Elves to see which list you belong on. There is a book to read with the Children. They wake up every morning to find the elf in a different location. Sometimes, if the child has been good, there may be treats, goodies, stories, etc... to encourage the behavior keeping them on the "Nice" list.



Either it is pure genius or it is going to create a fear in children that rivals what Stephen King's It did for clowns. Eh, either way. The tune is pretty catchy!
angie128 said...

We have an Elf on the Shelf - named Jerry. Not sure why the kids named him that, but they did. My kids are 7 & 12 and the first thing they do in the morning is search for Jerry. I love it when he shows up every year!

Charlotte's Web of Books said...

Jerry is a great name for an elf! =)

I had never heard of Elf on the Shelf until I started working for B&N. This is the first time in a few years that the Elf has been available in our area.

Mimi said...

Did you hear the "Wait, Wait, Don't Tell Me" the other day where they were bluffing (and the contestant had to choose the one that was correct)

One of the items (not the correct one) was a "naughty or nice" iPhone ap.

I laughed and laughed.

Charlotte's Web of Books said...

LOL -- I know many who could use a Naughty or Nice app.

Alicia said...

I love the idea of this. I heard about it a couple of years ago but just recently saw the elf in the store. I wish I had kids so I could put the elf up - it would be such a fun tradition!

Charlotte's Web of Books said...

I just bought an elf for my nephew and we chose to name him Buddy. LOL

Lisa Mandina said...

I had thought about buying one of these for my classroom. Not sure what my 7th graders would do though.

Latest Instagrams

© Charlotte's Web of Books. Design by FCD.