The Day The Falls Stood Still by Cathy Marie Buchanan

Friday, August 28, 2009

I tried.

But I just could not get into it. The book is the new selection for B&N Recommends. It is not the first B&N Rec book that I didn't finish, but I was really hoping to finish this one.


It is set in Niagara Falls around the time of World War I. And it is about a woman, well a girl really, Bess. Bess's family was once very hoity-toity people in Niagara Falls, but that all changes when her father loses his job.


Her life and her family's life drastically changes and they are about to force her into marriage with a man she doesn't love when I started skipping paragraphs, hoping it would get more interesting. Then I started skipping pages. I caught the tragic twist to the story, but then even that didn't really "hook"me.

So around page 172 I decided to stop reading and find something that would hook me to read on my day off.
MissSusie said...

I haven't read this one but I know how it is to read a book that has all these recommendations and not like it at all!

Latest Instagrams

© Charlotte's Web of Books. Design by FCD.